Demystifying Blockchain: What You Need to Know, Current and Potential Use Cases and the Security Meet the Business Needs of Government
Dinocrates CTO Jim St.Clair presented twice at the Potomac Forum’s March 1 workshop on blockchain, “Demystifying Blockchain: What You Need to Know, Current and Potential Use Cases and the Security Meet the Business Needs of Government.” The educational event – the second the Forum has held on blockchain – took place at the Willard Intercontinental hotel in Washington, D.C.
Jim’s first presentation, “Blockchain 101: What is Blockchain?” explained the basics of blockchain technology and how organizations in different industries implement it. His second presentation, “The Implications of Blockchain,” explored the origins of blockchain, why it’s important and its current implications, and where it’s headed.
The training during the workshop included the following:
- Fundamentals of blockchain and distributed ledger technology
- Beyond the basics – steps in the implementation
- How blockchain works, and how it applies to government processes
- Key opportunities to use blockchain
- Examples of blockchain use “outside the Beltway” (including other governments) and why
The audience included:
- Federal government executives, managers and staff who are interested in learning about blockchain and how it can be used in government
- Government executives, managers and staff responsible for implementing agency restructuring plans
- Federal employees or members of employee affinity groups
- State and local government executives, managers and staff
Listing Marks Period of Major Growth Rockville, MD Dinocrates Group today announced that it ranks 1195 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list, an annual ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The company, which has a growth rate of 405 percent, has grown dramatically during the past few years. The prestigious Inc. 5000 list ranks […]
August 17, 2021